If you are unhappy with your kitchen, you aren’t alone. Many people find their kitchens to be outdated and/or to have an inefficient layout. If you are interested in changing your kitchen, you may wonder- how hard is it to remodel your kitchen? A full remodel is a big project that can take a long time, but having a good contractor is the key to having it go smoothly.
How much kitchen cost can you expect for a remodel? It depends on the size of your kitchen, how much is being changed, and the materials that you choose for your new kitchen. Higher-end materials like marble or granite can cost significantly more than something like tile. When you are coming up with your kitchen design ideas cabinets are also important to the cost. Cabinets for sale have a wide range of prices.
Many people also wonder- how can I get a free kitchen makeover? For the most part, you can’t. It is only if you can get on a home makeover show that you have a chance at a free remodel of your kitchen. If you have a hard time saving up the money for a remodel, you might consider getting a home improvement loan.
Are you in need of a kitchen remodel? If you’re living with a bland and dated kitchen, now maybe the time to think about a renovation.
What Materials and Ideas for a Perfect Kitchen Renovation?
When thinking about doing a kitchen remodel, here are the major things that are needed.
- Installing new cabinets can help bring new life to a dated kitchen. Coming in a variety of styles and colours, you can rest assured that you’ll find a set that you’ll love. Alternatively, painting your dated cabinets can have a similar effect. A coat of bright white, or a light natural tone can provide a clean and fresh updated look.
- Wall Molding, though optional, it can help tie a room together. It may seem like a small detail, but when it’s there, you’ll definitely notice the difference.
- A chic backsplash can really make a kitchen pop. It’s a functional addition, that is long lasting and visually appealing. Tiles come in a huge variety of patterns and styles. In this instance, your creativity is really the limit when it comes to creating this stunning addition.
- Countertops can make a world of difference when it comes to kitchen remodeling. A glossy and sleek granite countertop can not only serve functionally, but it can make a great focal point to tie in your whole design with.
- Contemporary appliances can give a chic modern flare to your kitchen design. A new range, refrigerator, and dishwasher not only look amazing, but newer models are an upgrade you can benefit from everyday.
- Consider replacing the existing flooring. If you are a fan of rustic wooden styles, but don’t like the upkeep and care that comes with real hardwood floors, wood style alternatives exist in vinyl and ceramic tiles. Alternatively, tile and vinyl are available in numerous styles, patterns, and colours. If you have a vision, you will be able to find the perfect floor to ensure it’s all brought together cohesively.
In addition to the necessities, there are a couple of unique touches you can add, that will really help to bring your kitchen to life.
- Depending on the space you have, and the layout of your kitchen, you could consider adding a quaint relaxation nook. Whether it be for relaxing dining, working, or just enjoying a hot cup of coffee in the morning. Adding a cozy little space to your kitchen can add a unique homey touch that everyone will love.
- Consider adding a separate space for small appliances. Sometimes known as an appliance garage, it not only a great way to stow and organize all your frequently used gadgets, it could also be used as a coffee nook, or drink station. A nice touch if you entertain frequently.
- Speaking of entertaining guests, if you don’t have a kitchen island, you may want to consider installing one. (If space is available) Not only does it add to the overall appearance of your kitchen, it can also be a great place where guests can interact around. Additionally, it will add more working space you can use on an everyday basis. Helpful if you do a lot of cooking for the family!
A kitchen remodel cannot only make you love your kitchen even more, but it if you ever think about selling it can help boost appeal and value. Even a minor kitchen remodel can have an average return investment of around 82.7%. Another interesting bonus to consider is that 1/3 of homeowners who had remodeled their kitchen, report a change to a healthier lifestyle after the remodel; this is according to Houzz, an online renovation and design website.
If you are in need of a kitchen remodel, consider the above tips and perhaps contact a kitchen remodeler near you to talk about all available options, and what would work best with your home. Remodels can be dones piece by piece, or all at once. There is no limit to how unique and creative you can get with your kitchen. The sky’s the limit with all the styles available for you. Let us know in the comments below if you’ve recently gone through a remodel. What unique touches did you add, and what tips would you suggest?