As many as 10 months after Hurricane Maria there are still a reported 1,040 customers who still do not have power. Even more continue to live without safe drinking water.
Around the world, nation’s are in shock as the there are rumors that the President of the U.S. has sided with national baby formula companies instead of backing the tradition of breast feeding. And while there is some confusion as to what the President’s intentions are, it is concerning that the business of selling formula might take precedent over breastfeeding. The knowledge that many countries across the world do not have healthy water with which to mix formula will be even more problematic than dealing with a low milk supply from undernourished mothers.
Water systems throughout the world are not at the standards that we have come to expect her in America, so it should come as no surprise that there is a growing concern that these problems will continue. In America, a land that is supposedly full of opportunities, there are still many people who are looking for access to clean and reliable water.
With a growing need for water treatment centers, there are many who continue to work to make sure that they are able to help provide clean water to everyone in this country. Even individual property owners who should have the confidence that the water that comes into their home is both clean and safe, still go to extraordinary efforts to make sure that their families are well protected.
Even in a country where people should not have to worry about the safety of the water that they drink, it is important to take every possible opportunity to drink enough water and to do everything in your power to make sure that you check the reliability of the water coming into your home. Consider these facts and figures about the need for clean water and the challenges that many in the U.S. still face:
- Influencing 100% of the processes in our body, water makes up about 66% of who we are.
- 350 gallons is the amount of water the average daily household uses.
- Helping shape decisions about what you eat, drinking a couple glasses of water 30 minutes before a meal gives you time to feel fuller.
- Water hardness is measured in grains per gallon as calcium carbonate; fir instance, one grain equals 17.1 milligrams per liter.
- At around seven grains of hardness, home owners can start to see the effects of hard water, even if they do not live in the “very hard” or “extremely hard” water zones.
- Up to 85% of American households are affected by hard water.
With the use of reverse osmosis filtration systems, home owners can make sure that they are drinking and cooking with a clean water source. Not all water systems across the U.S. are the same, so it is important that local authorities do everything within their power to test for impurities.
Water systems of the world, unfortunately, fall victim to the ways that humans mistreat treatment centers are an important resource to people across the country who are worried about the news stories that they hear about rivers being contaminated and oceans polluted. Knowing that you have a source of clean water means that you can keep your family healthy and your future safe.