If you are planning a big event like a wedding or Sweet 16 party, you want everything to be perfect. One of your first decisions is where you will have it. The venue of an event is a key factor in how successful it will be. When you are looking at banquet hall rentals, you need to take the following considerations before you make your final decision.
- What is your budget? This will narrow down your choices. Look at how much you can afford to spend on the entire event. Remember you will have a lot of expenses beyond the banquet hall rental cost. By the same token, you have a lot of event venues to choose from, depending on what you want for the function. If you are flexible with the date, you may be in a better position to negotiate a better price. Always negotiate a better price. One good rule to remember is that they cannot say yes if you do not ask.
- Pick a venue that is easy to find. You may love that out of the way hotel in a small town not far from where you live but it no one can find it, no one can come to your event. This is especially true if you are looking at wedding ballrooms and have a lot of friends and family coming to the area from other states or countries. They may have to rely on their GPS systems and have a hard time finding some places. Look for banquet hall rentals that are convenient for your guests.
- What services will you need? There are pros and cons to going to places that have a lot of weddings, if that is what you are planning. On one hard, they may be able to help you with a lot of the details such as the catering, decorations, wedding cake and flowers. On the other hand, you may have a lot less control over all of those things. If you are throwing a party and want to control the cuisine, you may need to go to a place that lets you bring in your own catering. When you are talking to the different banquet hall rentals, ask about this kind of thing. Before you even start looking, you should decide what kind of venue you want and how much control you want to have.
- How many people can it hold and how many do you need? If you have guest list that is huge, you need to know that everyone can fit in and be comfortable. If your event is going to be more intimate, you do not want a cavernous space. There may also be a minimum that is required by the banquet hall. This only matters if they are handling your catering and have a minimum. It can make your guests uncomfortable if you have 100 people in a space for one thousand.
- What is the parking like? There are some cities and locations where this is not a big deal but there are also a lot where it is. If there is not a parking lot outside of the venue, you should ask about the valet parking options for your guests. Remember, you really want to make your party or event as easy as possible for your guests to attend. When you are looking at banquet hall rentals, this is one of the things you need to ask about.
- How accessible is the venue? Most banquet hall rentals have to comply wit the Americans with Disabilities Act but it is always worth it to find out. You may not know if any of your guests will have special needs for access but it is always a good policy to find a venue that is easily accessible by everyone. You should also ask if the venue has changing stations in the bathrooms for people with babies or toddlers who are still in diapers.
Picking the right venue for your event is just one detail that has to be worked out but it is one of the most important. Do some research and work and you will find the right one for your party or event.