Many individuals and families enjoy having their homes cleaned by professional cleaning services. There are approximately 894,920 maids working in the United States. It is said that hiring a dependable maid service does a lot to give families more time to do other things. When a family, that normally cleans every day, hires a custom cleaning service, they get back about 730 hours. This is the equivalent of 30 days.
Before you hire a dependable house cleaning service, you should make sure you ask them the right questions. Those questions include the following:
- How do you find your staff? You should ask about the dependable maid service company’s turnover rate and what kind of background checks they run on their workers. A lot of the time, home cleaners will enter and work in the home when you are not there. It is therefore really important that you get the information you need to feel ok with that arrangement. Also, if there is a lot of turnover, that can indicate problems with the company. You want to go with a cleaning service that treats its people well and has employees that like to work for them.
- Will the same person come each time? If you are going to have the dependable maid service clean your home on a regular basis, they should be able to tell you if they plan to send the same person each time or if a different home cleaner will come each time. There are both good and bad things about each arrangement. Having the same person may mean they get to know you and your home. On the flip side, they may let some tasks slide. Having a new person each time may mean they work harder but that you have to give more detailed instructions.
- What are the rates? There are different ways that dependable maid services determine how much they will charge. Some charge by the hour (most do this for the first visit to your home), by the number of people they send out and by the project. If you are having a spring cleaning service done that might be more extensive and take more time than a routine weekly cleaning. Some maid services will send someone to your home and give you an idea of how long it will take to clean your space and how much it will cost.
- Do you offer green cleaning options? There are a lot of chemicals in traditional cleaning products. It has been estimated that there are more than 150 toxic chemicals in the household cleaners people use a lot and these have been linked to cancer. These toxic chemicals make the air inside homes at least three times as likely to cause cancer than the air outside, according to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Before you hire a dependable maid service, make sure they offer green cleaning to keep you and your family healthy and safe.
- Do you have the right insurance? You should ask about this but you should also verify anything that they tell you. You need to know they have this in the event that something gets broken during the course of cleaning your home. If someone is injured cleaning your home, you can be liable for that if the maid service does not have the right worker’s compensation insurance. If they hire their staff as employees, they should pay into the federal and state programs for worker’s compensation. You should not go with any company that does not take care of this.
- How do you deal with pets? You need to know that the maid service will keep your pets safe when they are in your home. Some dependable maid services ask people to remove dogs or cats from the area to allow the staff to clean the space. You need to make sure they know you have pets and find out if they charge more to clean homes whee animals are present.
- Do you have references? The most dependable maid services will be ok giving you people to talk to about their services.
If you ask the right questions, you will get the right maid service.