You have a long list of things that you want to accomplish between now and Christmas. With your youngest leaving for college in just a few weeks, you are hopeful that you will be able to survive the empty nest that so many of your friends and family have warned you about. You have already had the wood floors in your 20 year old home refinished and you have plans to sub for a fifth and sixth grade classroom for the first two weeks of the school year, but you also have an entire list of other things that you want to accomplish at the house. From ordering two new mission style lamps to match the new couch you recently bought to looking at a new bedroom set for the master, you cannot really imagine that the empty nest will be too lonely.
From bedroom furniture sets to mission style lamps, there are many ways that you can personalize and update the look and feel of your home. And as mission style living room furniture continues to grow in popularity it should come as no surprise that there are an increasing number of styles, finishes, and colors that are available.
Furniture and Interior Design Decisions Can Help Update Your Home No Matter How Old It Is
When was the last time that you tolok the time or invested the money in the interior designs in your home? If you are still sitting on a sofa that is more than 20 years old, it may be time to update. In addition to being worn and outdated, the sofa itself may even be lacking the support that it once had to make it comfortable.
Consider some of these other facts and figures about the many ways that furniture and design decisions can improve our homes and contribute to the nation’s economy:
- As many as 33% of respondents in a 2017 Interior Design Trends survey indicated that they would choose a neutral color palette when redecorating their home.
- According to one survey, as many as 60% of participants admitted that they would design their entire living room around a sofa.
- 48% of home owners reported that they planned to decorate their homes in 2018, according to a Houzz survey.
- Interior designers typically recommend updating the decor in room every five to 10 years.
- Although the actual average in the U.S. might be larger due to combined dining and cooking areas., the traditional average size of a kitchen is 100 square feet.
- Design guidelines indicate that a rug’s edges should ideally be 12 to 14 inches from the perimeter of a room.
From a pair of mission style lamps to an entire new dining room set, there are many ways that you can add to the beauty and function of your home. If you are someone who is soon to be an empty nester, now might be the time to make sure that you productively use your time to make those changes now.