As a second hurricane hits the U.S. in the last three weeks, it should come as no surprise that Red Cross donation centers will be looking for help. The fact that more than 2 million in Florida were already without power by late afternoon on Sunday means the the need Red Cross donation centers will have will only increase. And while used clothing donations and bottle water can be of help, many emergency recovery experts recommend that monetary donations are often the best option. If you are able to give at this time, cash donations to Red Cross donation centers would be greatly appreciated.
Television networks, churches, and many other agencies are doing what they can to collect monetary donations for the agencies that are able to quickly mobilize and get the needed resources to those people who have lost so much. As Red Cross donations from across the country are collected, donors can feel secure that they have made a wise choice in the gifts that they give.
American Red Cross Pickup Services Help Get Needed Items to Those Who Are Most in Need
It is difficult to watch the suffering that has been part of the two epic hurricanes that have hit America. School children are unable to go to class. Residents are not able to return to their homes. And first responders are literally working around the clock to help in rescue efforts. Consider some of these statistics about Americans and the habits they have when it comes to donating to those less fortunate:
- 70% of people in America give to charities on a yearly basis.
- 3% of income in the U.S. is given to charities on a yearly basis.
- 63% of high net worth donors indicate that their chief motivation for donating was to give back to the community.
- Ranked by private donations, the American National Red Cross is the 13th largest U.S. charity. In fact, it received $687 million in private donations in the year 2014.
- $666.1 billion is contributed to the U.S. economy by non-profits every single year.
- Donations to selected charity is tax deductible for the value of the items that are donated.
If you live in a part of the country that has enjoyed mild weather this last month, you likely feel very fortunate. Maybe you should channel some of your fortune into a gift for those who have not been so lucky.