Getting enough sleep is an essential part of a healthy life. If you are able to get eight hours of rest most nights you will see the following benefits:
- You will have better health. A good night’s sleep does not guarantee you immunity from all illnesses, but many studies show a link between insufficient sleep and some serious health problems, like heart disease, heart attacks, diabetes, and obesity.
- You will have less pain. Studies have found that getting a good night’s rest can actually supplement pain medication.
- You will have a lower risk of injury. Sleeping enough might actually keep you safer because you will be able to think and react more clearly. In fact, lack of sleep makes any accident more likely.
- You will be in a better mood. When you’re exhausted, you’re more likely to be irritable and cranky. You are more in control of your emotions when you are well rested.
- You will have better weight control. If you’re overtired, you may be less likely to have energy to get daily exercise.
- You will have clearer thinking. When you wake up after a bad night’s sleep, you feel disoriented and easily confused.
- You will have better memory. Sleep loss can be to blame for being forgetful. Studies show that while we sleep, our brains process and organize memories from the day.
Even though you understand the importance of sleep, sometimes a good night’s rest is hard to achieve. If you find yourself tossing and turning through the night the answer to your problem may be to purchase one of the many types of adjustable beds available. Luxury adjustable beds are available in a variety of sizes from twin to queen to king. Your tossing and turning at night is a signal from your body that it needs to move to stay comfortable. Instead of flipping your entire body, why not use one of the various types of adjustable beds to get yourself in a comfortable position? King size adjustable beds, for example, come with two separate remotes so that you and your partner can be in the same bed, but you can individually adjust one side for total comfort. All types of adjustable beds, for instance, allow the top half of your body to be supported like a couch or chair, while you remain in bed.
If you find yourself awake long after you first go to bed, you may need to make a change in your sleeping habits, including purchasing a new bed. Studies show that lying in bed for more than 15 or 20 minutes at a time without falling asleep may actually make it more difficult to ever nod off. Instead, you need a bed that you can adjust whenever you need to so that you can more easily fall asleep the second your head hits the pillow.
Craftmatic® Adjustable Beds equipped with optional heat & massage also may provide temporary relief from: • Low Back Pain • Minor Aches and Pains Due to Muscular Fatigue or Overexertion • Edema or Swelling of the Legs • Poor Local Blood Circulation of the Legs • Symptoms of Hiatus Hernia • Nighttime Heartburn • Symptoms of Gastric Reflux • The optional heating accessory provides temporary relief from Mild Arthritis and Joint Pain, as well as Muscle Pain Associated with Stress and Tension • Sleeping in an upright position may Reduce or Ease Light and Occasional Snoring