Looking to revamp a room or two this summer and add a more modern theme? Using modern cheap furniture can really help offset other purchasing costs so you can stay on budget. Most interior upgrades start with a living room makeover. A well furnished living room serves as a great comfortable place to entertain family and friends, so focus on this space first.
Before we get started on a list of modern living room designs, understand that purchasing modern cheap furniture is a long-term investment for you and your family, with the average amount of time people keep items such as a sofa is around seven years. So, without further ado, here are some great design tips:
- Patterns: Quatrafoils, chevron, floral prints — you name a pattern, it is probably in style. The trick to mixing patterns is to stick with a color theme to tie everything together. If you decide on patterned curtains and pillows, choose a solid color for your couch upholstery.
- Spacious: Your living room should be the center of attention, so try to keep it clutter free by opting for clean-cut lines, a wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, and plenty of neutrals to create a feeling of cleanliness and space.
- Metallics: Furniture stores often offer metallic accessories to jazz up your modern furniture for a more sophisticated feel. Metallics, such as silver, go well with the bright bold colors that are trending right now. Try out an oversized mirror with a silver boarder over your fireplace mantle to make the room appear larger.
- Niches: Create different rooms within your single living room. Purchase a few couches or oversized chairs and push them back-to-back in the center of the room in order to create different conversation corners.
- Eclectic: Wow your guests by purchasing two poufs to counteract the formality of a living room. Sitting on these will make your guests feel like they are somewhere exotic. Balance the poufs with an inviting, oversized couch with patterned pillows.
The average price people pay to completely redesign their living room is $15,630 dollars, yet there are ways to save. Financing for furniture doesn’t have to be a nightmare if you look for modern cheap furniture at furniture outlet stores. These stores will often sell new designer brands at discounts of up to 70%. So be have fun, be creative, and be shopping savvy.